Initially it is possible that breast cancer does not cause any symptoms Cancer Treatment. The package may be too small to be palpated or to cause changes that you can detect on your own. It is common for an abnormal area to appear on a mammogram, which will lead to more medical tests.
However, in some cases there are certain changes that could be due to breast cancer:
- A lump or thickening in an area of the breast
- A change in the size or shape of a breast
- Dimples in the skin
- A change in the shape of your nipple, especially if it suddenly begins to sink, or takes an irregular shape
- A blood-stained discharge from the nipples
- A rash on the nipple or surroundings
- A swelling or lump in the armpit
The lumps in the breast s not necessarily mean cancer. Inverted nipples, the discharge of fluid with nipple blood or a rash may also be due to other medical circumstances. In any case it is best to consult your trusted doctor. Most likely, it is a benign condition that can be easily treated. But if it turns out to be a cancer it is very important that you go to the doctor in time, so that the treatment is successful.
There is a type of breast cancer called inflammatory that can have different symptoms. The whole breast becomes red and inflamed and in pain. The breast may feel hard and the skin sometimes looks like orange peel on the inflamed area.
Another type of breast cancer manifests as a rash on and around the nipple that can cause itching.