Moving is fast catching up with thinning boundaries and more & more international companies coming up with growth & diversification strategies. When moving to an intercontinental location, Auto Shipper: Automobile Shipping – The Faster, Safer, and Trouble Free Option Articles one needs a dependable and accredited shipping company. Moving demands expertise solutions Car Shipping.
Auto shipping is frequently essential when an individual shifts residence to a different country. Lots of care & expertise is needed while executing shipping of autos because any slight damage can lessen the efficiency of the car. Thus, it is essential to select a shipping company that is knowledgeable, experienced and has the resources to assume shipping of cars from one country to another across the ocean. Autolog is one such company. Equipped with all services to transport cars safely and in time, the company provides the added benefit of affordability as well.
Auto Shipper: 10 Things to do prior shipping a vehicle internationally:
- Verify if the vehicle shipping company you are going to utilize is registered with proper authority (for domestic automobile transport).
- Confirm the vehicle transporter has existing consignment insurance, with minimum liability exceeding value of your vehicle.
- If shipping a vehicle internationally, check with Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) if your vehicle shipper is registered with FMC as a cargo forwarder or non-vessel operating common carrier (or NVOCC). Also substantiate if this particular vehicle shipping company has an existing bond & shipping license. If the business isn’t listed there, it simply means they cannot lawfully offer shipping services at all and you should avoid utilizing such companies.
- Avoid utilizing domestic car trucking companies for worldwide auto shipping. Many truckers will provide their clients a “package deal” that includes vehicle transport and overseas vehicle shipping too. Often they would provide “savings” & “discount” through their preferred vehicle shippers. You must avoid utilizing such companies by all means – international vehicle shipping is complex, and frequently clients, after paying the trucker for “the entire package”, end up paying additional fees to the actual vehicle shipping company.
- Before committing to shipping your vehicle globally with the vehicle transporter of your choice, make certain to obtain the shipping quotation in writing. Read the fine print – many vehicle shippers will hide additional charges behind it. Make certain the quotation includes the following: d estination (consignee’s door, unloading or port warehouse), origin (shipper’s port or door). Also, typical vehicle shipping quote must evidently outline services tendered – door pick up, delivery to a definite place (point of export, be it hauler’s warehouse, dock or port), shrink-wrapping (boats),marine shipping insurance, loading, crating (motorcycles), fumigation, container drayage, customs clearance, all essential paperwork, export declaration, bill of lading, etc.
- If likely, get a Shipping Contract drafted between you & the shipping company – it must include all of the above in a more strict way, on shipper’s letterhead, signed & dated by authorized individuals.
- Ask if there’ll be someone (customs broker or an agent) who could help with customs clearance & unloading at the country of destination. In addition do your homework on customs duties & taxes that can be due at the state you are shipping the car to.
- Do a net search for reviews on a fastidious shipping company. There are definite sites, like www.autolog.net that may be worth checking.
- Make certain to dial the automobile transporter’s tel number found on the company’s site and talk to your client service rep in person. If your calls are left unreturned, or you can’t get straight answers on transit times, transporting & arrival dates, definite requirements for shipping a car overseas, you must perhaps look for another vehicle shipping company.
- Always utilize your common sense (for example, beware of making payments in advance using Western Union or cash, sending important paperwork (payment, titles) using regular mail, etc).