Adding a pet to the home is a decision that brings joy and has multiple benefits for human health. If you are looking to have an unconditional, faithful friend who gives a lot of love without asking for anything in return, dogs are a great opportunity best family pets.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE ADOPTING A PET
- Long-term commitment. A dog can live from 12 to 17 years, depending on its size, breed and care. That is why it is important to think about the future and consider all actions to give you a happy and healthy life. This pet will be another member of the family.
- The expenses involved in having a pet. The total cost varies depending on the age of the pet and the breed. However, it is very important to consider everything necessary to ensure a healthy lifestyle: periodic visits to the veterinarian, vaccination, sterilization, internal and external deworming, accessories, toys, food, aesthetics and treatment in case of any disease.
- Dedication and time. There are activities that depend exclusively on the person responsible for the pet and it is essential to allocate a couple of hours a day to go out for a walk, play, bathe them, visits to the veterinarian, cleaning the place where they live, daily cleaning of feeders and waterers, in addition to feeding and Serve fresh water every day.
- Adapt the house to the pet. Create a safe space for the dog, so that he does not have access to toxic products (including some decorative plants) and delicate objects. As well as selecting the place where his feeder will be, his bed and where he will do his physiological needs.
- Family agreement. It is important to consult with all the people who will live with the pet and to take into consideration the special needs of each one: there may be allergic people.